PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER BATON ROUGE, LA
Almost everyone knows someone that has been involved in a personal injury lawsuit at some time or another and how complicated it can be. That is why it becomes so critical to hire an experienced personal injury lawyer. Before your lawyer can get you the compensation you deserve, they will need some important information about what happened. Here are some things you should write down and/or be prepared to share with your attorney:
1) When did your injury happen? You should know the date the injury occurred. This includes the day you were actually hurt, as well as the date of any medical diagnosis. The law limits the amount of time you have to file your claim following an accident or injury. This is why it is critical to speak to an attorney as soon as possible.
2) What exactly happened and what are the specific injuries you have suffered? You should collect and make copies of medical bills,lost wage estimates, or expenses you have gained from your injury. You should also make a note of dates of work you missed due to injuries, receipts for repairing damages, and receipts for other expenses incurred as a result of the accident or injury.
3) Where were you at the time of the accident? Compensation may be limited by this factor as well, so be sure to write down and bring any evidence showing where you were at the time of the accident.
4) Were you “on the job” or working at the time of your accident? Compensation many vary dependent on whether you were working or on your own time when the accident happened. Any evidence you have that you were working should be presented to your attorney.
5) Where did the injury happen? If you are injured in someone’s home or place of business, the owner may be liable for some or all of your injuries under the theory of premises liability.
6) Have any of the other people involved contacted you? Things like texts, phone calls, or e-mails could be considered an admission of fault and may be helpful. Bring copies of these or any correspondence from the other party with you when you meet with your attorney. If you have any correspondence from the other party’s insurance company or attorney, this should also be shared with your attorney.
You Need The Experienced Team At J. Price McNamara
You need an attorney for your case that knows both the complete legal system and Louisiana law. Price McNamara, has been representing personal injury clients in Metairie and Baton Rouge, LA for many years and has been rated “AV” by his peers because of his exemplary service. Don’t settle for an unknown attorney that may not be able to get you the compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one have been injured by another party’s negligence, call us today to schedule your no-obligation consultation! Our friendly and helpful staff is standing by to answer your questions and help get you started with your case. Call us at (225)201-8311.